Ergin Şafak Dikmen, PhD.
Ergin Şafak Dikmen graduated from Communication and Design Department of Bilkent University in 2006. He completed his master degree at the Integrated Design Department of Anhalt University with his thesis entitled “Optical Illusion and its Use in Design”. He received his PhD degree from Graduate School of Social Sciences of Ankara University with his thesis entitled “The New Media Ecosystem of Turkish Television Broadcasting”. His animation projects were screened in many cities such as İstanbul, Ankara and Berlin. He worked in different advertisement companies and in research centers as a CGI designer. Since 2011 he has been working in Ankara University, Faculty of Communication as a Lecturer. He is the founder and coordinator of New Media Research Lab (NETlab). Dikmen speaks fluent French and English. His research area focus on new media, TV 2.0 ecosystem and technologies, free Software, media archaeology, data visualisation, Animation, digital games and eSports.
- KIYAN ZAFER, DİKMEN ERGİN ŞAFAK (2018). Past, Present, Future of advertising: A Study on the Role of Social Media in Advertising. 16th International Symposium
Communication in the Millennium (Özet Bildiri/Sözlü Sunum)(Yayın No:4275424).
- DİKMEN ERGİN ŞAFAK (2018). Video Sharing Strategies of Higher Education Institutions: A Research on Universities YouTube Channels in Turkey. 16th International Symposium Communication in the Millenium.
- DİKMEN ERGİN ŞAFAK (2018). The Development of Digital Games and Social Media Extensions. International Child and Information Safety Congress ”DIGITAL GAMES”.
- DİKMEN ERGİN ŞAFAK (2017). Child, Digital Game and the Media Industry. International Child and Information Safety.
- DİKMEN ERGİN ŞAFAK (2015). Immersive Media in Wim Wenders PİNA 3D. The Real and the Intermedial – XVI. International Film and Media Studies Conference in Transilvania.
- DİKMEN ERGİN ŞAFAK (2013). Integration of Television With New Media Platforms, [Is It Real?] International Semiotic Conference – Structuring Reality by Means of Signs.
- DİKMEN ERGİN ŞAFAK (2012). The multimedia adaptation strategies of Turkish Television Channel. ECREA European Media and Communication Doctoral Summer School (Tam MetinBildiri/Sözlü Sunum)(Yayın No:3432661)
- Dikmen Ergin Şafak, Özaygen Alkım, Binark Ferruh Mutlu, Toktaş Selma (2012). Digital Surveillance in Turkey: From a Citizen Number to an E-Identity Card, The Quantitative Physicalness of The Citizen, Visualist2012 – International Congress on Visual Culture Congress.
- DİKMEN ERGİN ŞAFAK (2018). Globalization and Localisation in Digital Game Industry: Hybrid Games. 35th National Informatics Congress.
- DİKMEN ERGİN ŞAFAK (2018). Operational Level Cyber Security Serious Game Concept Development Workshop. NATO Science and Technology Organization – TRG SAS-129 “Gamification of Cyber Defense and Resilience” Working Group.
- DİKMEN ERGİN ŞAFAK (2018). Use of New Communication Technologies in Social Responsibility Projects: Mobil Application in Dog Training. Living with a dog Workshop.
- DİKMEN ERGİN ŞAFAK, ASLAN CEM EVRİM (2018). Transformation of Museums in the Internet Age: New Times and Public Relations Conference.
- DİKMEN ERGİN ŞAFAK, ASLAN CEM EVRİM (2018). New Education Environment in the Internet Age: Interactive Digital Museums. Academic Informatics Conference 2018.
- DİKMEN ERGİN ŞAFAK (2017). Development of Communication Technologies and mapping the new media ecosystem: www.newmediaecology.com. 22. Conference of the Internet in Turkey.
- DİKMEN ERGİN ŞAFAK (2016). New Media Strategies of Television Broadcasting in Turkey. 21.
Conference of the Internet in Turkey.
- DİKMEN ERGİN ŞAFAK (2013). Audience Measurement and Surveillance in Television 2.0. Digital Surveillance Awareness Panel.
- DİKMEN ERGİN ŞAFAK,BİNARK FERRUH MUTLU,TOKTAŞ SELMA, Özaygen Alkım (2011). Digital Embodiment of Citizens in Turkey. 4th Network and Information safety Simpozium.
- DİKMEN ERGİN ŞAFAK, Özayhgen Alkım, BİNARK FERRUH MUTLU, TOKTAŞ SELMA (2010). From Turkish citizenship number to Electronic ID Digital Embodiment of Citizen. 12th National Social Science Congress.
- Kiyan, Z. & Dikmen, E. (2019). The Role of Social Media in Advertising: An Examination on Instagram. Ankara Üniversitesi İlef Dergisi, 6(1): Doi:10.24955/ilef.554036
- Dikmen, E . (2019). The Evolution Of Digital Game Industry From 1980 To 2017 And Creation Of Artificial Life Cycles. Journal Of Selcuk Communication, 12 (1), 294-311. DOI: 10.18094/josc.470961
- Dikmen, E. (2018). Video Sharing Strategies of Higher Education Institutions: A research on Universities YouTube Channels in Turkey. Ankara University İlef Dergisi, 5(2): 29-52 Doi:10.24955/ilef.491648.
- Dikmen, E. (2017). Transformation of Television Broadcasting in Turkey: Social TV Broadcasting. Gümüşhane University Faculty of Communication Electronic Journal, 5(1), 425-448., Doi:10.19145/gumuscomm.283117
- Dikmen, E. Ş (2019) Data Visualization in Science 2.0. H. Hülür ve C. Yaşın (der.) Twitter Researches (141-164). Ankara: Ütopya
- Zafer Kıyan & Ergin Şafak Dikmen (2019). Using Twitter as a Tool to Conduct Research: Possibilities and Limitations. Twitter: Global Perspectives, Uses and Research Techniques. Innocent Chiluwa ve Gwen Bouvier (.der), NewYork: Nova Science Publishers.
- Toktaş S., Binark F. M., Dikmen E.Ş., Fidaner, I. B, Kuzeci E.,Özaygen A., (2012). Digital Surveillance in Turkey, Alternatif Bilişim Derneği, Basım sayısı:1000, Sayfa Sayısı 173, ISBN:978-605-62169-2-3.
- DIKMEN ERGIN SAFAK (2012). 4th European Communication Conference (ECREA 2012) 24-27 October 2012. Communication Research Journal, 9(1-2), 221-223.
- DIKMEN ERGIN SAFAK (2010). ECREA European Media and Communication Doctoral Summer School. Communication Research Journal, 8(2), 161-163.
- 2019-2021 – The Adaptation Process of Refugee Children: The Effectiveness of Psycho-educational Games and Virtual Reality Therapy, TUBİTAK 1001, Projects founded by the Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey, (Researcher).
- 2014-2015 – From Television Broadcasting to New Media Interface, Digital Interactive Map, Projects founded by higher education institutions, 03/03/2014 – 03/03/2015, Researcher
- 2010 –Digital Archive and Documentation Projects, Projects founded by higher education institutions, Researcher.
- LCDG 2001 – La Musique Electronique à Ankara, Exhibition – Ankara 06.05.2017-02.06.2017,
- Social Security and Media Workshop, Workshop – Ankara 09.02.2015-13.02.2015,
- Come Closer, 3. International Design and Cinema Conference, Istanbul – Exhibition 19.11.2008-22.11.2008,
- Optic Illusion and its use in Design, Uluslararası, Dessau Germany – Installation 03.04.2008-17.04.2008,
- Augmented Reality – Şafak Dikmen & Nilüfer P. Kılıç – NETlab Talks, Year: 2018, Language: TR
- 25th Year of Internet in Turkey – Şafak Dikmen & Sinem Akyön – NETlab Talks, Year: 2018, Language: TR
- Critical Internet Research with Geert Lovink – NETlab Talks, Year: 2018, Language: ENG
- Digital Games – Şafak Dikmen & Levent İnce – NETlab Talks, Year: 2018, Language: ENG
- Digital Games – Şafak Dikmen & Levent İnce – NETlab Talks, Year: 2018, Language: TR
- Digital Game Industry – NETlab Talks, Year: 2018, Language: TR
- What is it – İlef FA Team, Year: 2016, Language: TR
- Unregistered Employment, TV Spot – Enver Özüstün & Şafak Dikmen Year: 2015, Language: TR
- Cinema and Creativity with Ezel Akay – Ersan Ocak & Şafak Dikmen, Year: 2015, Language: TR
- Stop Motion Animation With Mait Laas, Year: 2015, Language: TR
- Creative Producers With Yamaç Okur – Ersan Ocak & Şafak Dikmen, Year: 2015, Language: TR
- Signature, Experimental – İlef FA Team, Year: 2013, Language: TR
- ”Lost in Transition”, Südkreuz – Documentary, Year: 2007 (Germany) Language: ENG
- Rehabilitation of Malta – Gozo, Documentary Year: 2007 (Malta) Language: ENG
- Get Lost, Experimental, Year: 2007 (Germany) Language: ENG
- Killer Baby, Animation, Year: 2006 (Turkey) Language: TR
- Elevator, Fiction, Year: 2005 (Turkey) Language: TR
- Video Editing: Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro,
- Graphic Design: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Macromedia Freehand MX, Macromedia Director MX,
- Visual Effects / Modelling: Adobe After Effects, Blender
- Apache Open Office, Libre Office, Microsoft Office 365
Web Content Management System
- Windows (Microsoft)
- Mac OS (Apple Macintosh)
- Linux (Free Software) (GNU)